search

Monday 31 December 2012

flaine. grand montets. courmayeur

The week before Christmas Forrest and I had our friends, Ferg, Spence, Cox and Frase to stay. The snow was EPIC, the riding was IMMENSE and the good times were non-stop. 

Our local resort hadn't yet spun it's chairs so every morning we packed up the van for a road trip to what may be the best week of the season. Yes I am bigging it up, but December, you have set the bar HIGH!

I had done previous seasons with Ferg, Spence and Cox in Utah, where the snow is notoriously light and plentiful. Spence, a New Yorker gone Scandi living it up in Uppsala. Sweden didn't have high hopes for early season in the French alps but he said, and I quote "this is some of the best riding I have ever had"

Forrest had bought me some uber fatties for powder days and I was sure they would be in the garage for most of the season. It felt so good to get on them so early and float on the snow. The lines were fast and fresh, MAD fresh and even though the boys had to hike out of a bowl for an hour one day, we came home every night smiling, aching and eager for more.

Never have I been more grateful for elk & forrest neckies. Seriously, these things did their job! However biased I may be they really work and I was skipping with joy when Forrest turned to me on the herse chair in Grand Montets and said "this is the best neckie I have ever owned." BOOM. Dry, warm AND smug!!



¦Flaine¦

¦Repping elk & forrest¦
¦Stretching it out¦

¦MAD fresh¦




¦bro-mance¦
 and remember kids... don't drink and shave!!





















Elk x

be limited edition. be handmade. be unique. be awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are stellar... cheers for the words.